Monday, February 22, 2016

FO Legends Top by Sew Straight and Gather

Recently I was very fortunate to have the opportunity to test the new Legends Top and Dress pattern from Terri at Sew Straight and Gather.  There are so many things to love about this pattern but I think my favourite of all is the clean stylish lines and amazing fit.
The pattern is available in sizes 2y-14y for girls (here) and 02-20 for women (here), or you can buy a pattern bundle of both.  I tested the womens version in a size 2 drafted to a 4 int eh waist and 6 in the hip.  This brings me to my first point, because of the clean simple lines of this pattern adjusting to get the perfect fit and silhouette is super easy.  The pattern is drafted for the industry standard B-cup but instructions/links are given in the tutorial for doing a FBA if needed.  The pattern includes sleeveless, short and long sleeved options and can also be made as a dress with the skirt starting at the hip or waist.  I made the top (view A) with short sleeves and I'm thrilled with the result.
All this sounds great right but there is one more secret in this pattern, the front/collar piece is lined and the construction is ingenious leaving all the internal seams fully enclosed.  This makes for such a tidy finish which I love in handmade clothes.
I made my version in a grey/white poly/nylon/spandex stripe and lined the front with a white cotton lycra.  This top was made from an early version of the pattern and the collar has since been adjusted slightly to sit more smoothly round the back of the neck.  (Please excuse the slightly horrid photos).



I really do love this pattern.  I have since bought the girls pattern as it was just what I was after to complete an outfit I have in mind for Miss M, and I also have some lovely grape merino set aside to make a long sleeved top version for myself.  
Check out the tester gallery for the girls and women's patterns, there are so many amazing versions of this pattern popping up already.
Happy sewing. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the Legends Dress as a top. Yours looks great and so comfortable!

    ReplyDelete